This course covers the early and current methods of measuring temperature. Included is a brief history of temperature measurement technology, various methods of temperature measurement currently in use, factors that can affect measurement accuracy and repeatability, and factors to consider when selecting a temperature sensing device for a particular application.
The student must take a multiple choice quiz consisting of twelve (12) questions at the end of the course to obtain PDH credits.
Specific Knowledge or Skill Obtained
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- An understanding of the history of temperature measurement
- An understanding of temperature sensor terminology
- Current methods of measuring temperature
- Conditions that can impact temperature sensor accuracy, repeatability, and reliability
- Knowledge of temperature measurement methodology
- Knowledge of how a temperature resistance value is converted into an electrical output signal
- Familiarity with things to consider when properly selecting a sensor and associated hardware
Click on the following link to the PDF document to review the course material before taking the quiz for credit.
Having trouble downloading the PDF file?
If clicking the link does not bring you to the PDF file, then right-click the link. Click "Save Target As" and save on your desktop. To view the file, double-click the icon on your desktop and return to this page to take the quiz. You may want to bookmark this page for your convenience. If you have questions, Live Support Chat can help.
To receive PDH credit for this course, you must pass a multiple-choice quiz. Click the button below to Purchase Course and Take Quiz. To take the quiz, your computer must be set to accept cookies. See how to check your cookie settings.