This course is targeted at the professional (engineering manager, marketing personnel, purchasing agent, materials engineer, mechanical engineer, new electronics engineer) who is not familiar with printed circuit boards (PCBs) but would like to become familiar with the basics of the process of designing and procuring prototype PCBs.
This course will provide the student with knowledge of the constituent parts of a printed circuit board, PCB design considerations, and the process of procuring prototype PCBs. The student will also be introduced to various vendors that can provide inexpensive or quick-turn PCB prototypes. In addition, the student will also learn the types of design files that are required by those vendors to produce prototypes.
The student must take a multiple-choice quiz consisting of ten (10) questions at the end of this course to obtain PDH credits.
Specific Knowledge or Skill Obtained
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Basic construction of a PCB
- Types of solder masks, including LPI and screened
- Silkscreening to facilitate PCB inspection and rework of defective PCB assemblies
- Traces, lands and holes on a PCB
- PCB layout software options
- PCB design considerations, including EMI, component package types, and PCB grouping
- File types needed for ordering a prototype PCB
- Design considerations for cost reduction
- Typical cost and delivery for a PCB, as well as for expedited delivery
Click on the following link to the PDF document to review the course material before taking the quiz for credit.
Having trouble downloading the PDF file?
If clicking the link does not bring you to the PDF file, then right-click the link. Click "Save Target As" and save on your desktop. To view the file, double-click the icon on your desktop and return to this page to take the quiz. You may want to bookmark this page for your convenience. If you have questions, Live Support Chat can help.
To receive PDH credit for this course, you must pass a multiple-choice quiz. Click the button below to Purchase Course and Take Quiz. To take the quiz, your computer must be set to accept cookies. See how to check your cookie settings.