In Laws, Rules, and Ethics for New Jersey Engineers, you'll learn ...
This course reviews the laws, rules, and ethical guidelines for professional engineers practicing in the state of New Jersey. It provides an overview of the most important and relevant information published by the New Jersey State Board of Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors. You will learn about the Board, itself, including its powers, duties, and the terms of its members, as well as how the Board defines key terms of your profession, such as “professional engineer,” “practice of engineering,” “engineer-in-training,” and “responsible charge.”
In addition, this course includes license renewal information and identifies the conditions under which your engineering license may be suspended or revoked. Other important PELS rules and regulations addressed in this course include: continuing education requirements, penalties for practicing without a license, exemptions and waivers of requirements, standards of practice and misconduct, advertising requirements, obligations for cooperating in investigative inquiries, obligations for reporting incidents of professional misconduct, and the requirements and procedures for license applications and certificates of registration, including fees, evidence of qualifications, and examinations.
If you are a professional engineer in the state of New Jersey, this valuable course will help you stay abreast of the laws, rules, and ethical guidelines stipulated by the State Board of Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors.
To earn PDH credit, the student must pass a multiple choice quiz consisting of fifteen (15) questions.
Specific Knowledge or Skill Obtained
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Terms defined by the State Board of Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors
- The makeup, member terms, powers, duties, records, and proceedings of the Board
- Application procedures and eligibility requirements for licenses and certificates of registration
- Education and experience requirements for engineers and engineers-in-training
- License renewal, license suspension, and license reinstatement procedures
- Penalties for practicing without a license and other violations
- Standards of practice for engineers and prohibited acts
- Fees and the fee schedule
- Responsible charge of engineering
- Duties to cooperate in investigative inquiries
Certificate of Completion
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a multiple-choice quiz . PDH credits are not awarded until the course is completed and quiz is passed.
Course and Quiz Preview
You can preview the full course using the "Download Course Material" button below. To purchase the course, click the button marked "Purchase Course" and you will be prompted for payment information on a secure (SSL) connection.