Indiana’s Professional Engineers are now required to earn continuing education credits prior to license renewal. Beginning with renewal date July 31, 2012, 30 PDH (or Professional Development Hours) will be required every two years.
Additionally, the Board requires that one PDH is earned from a course on engineering ethics and that one PDH is earned in a study of the Indiana Laws and Rules for Engineers. This course is specifically designed to cover both the ethics requirement and the laws and rules requirement through the use of a condensed version of the Indiana engineering laws and the included ethics material. It is our belief that an engineering practice can best be run with a thorough understanding of the laws and the ethics applicable to the profession, and we trust that this text will help in that understanding.
This course includes information that Indiana engineers will use in their practices on a daily basis. And, we will explore the ethical concerns that are so important to today’s professional engineers.
A multiple choice quiz consisting of twenty (20) questions must be passed to earn PDH credit for this course. Upon completion, the student will be awarded a total of 2 PDH – one PDH in ethics and one PDH on Indiana laws and rules.
Specific Knowledge or Skill Obtained
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Review of the Indiana laws that concern the practice of engineering
- The state engineering board’s make up, its rights and its duties
- Current information on the required engineering seal and its proper use
- How corporate entities and limited liability companies offer engineering services in Indiana
- Complaints against engineers and possible disciplinary actions
- Delinquent child support and criminal convictions: how these affect your licensure
- Professional standards of operating an engineering practice
- Conflicts of interest
- Proper qualification to undertake an assignment
- Ethical concerns when acting as an expert witness
Click on the following link to the PDF document to review the course material before taking the quiz for credit.
Having trouble downloading the PDF file?
If clicking the link does not bring you to the PDF file, then right-click the link. Click "Save Target As" and save on your desktop. To view the file, double-click the icon on your desktop and return to this page to take the quiz. You may want to bookmark this page for your convenience. If you have questions, Live Support Chat can help.
To receive PDH credit for this course, you must pass a multiple-choice quiz. Click the button below to Purchase Course and Take Quiz. To take the quiz, your computer must be set to accept cookies. See how to check your cookie settings.