The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania has enacted continuing education requirements for its engineers, land surveyors, and geologists. Act 25, which was passed May 12, 2010 and signed into law by the Governor, clarifies continuing education requirements and provides guidance on how to meet these requirements.
This course, designed to meet a portion of the new Pennsylvania continuing education requirements, is a recap of the new law plus a review of all of the laws and rules that govern the practice of engineering in the Commonwealth. The course material is information that Pennsylvania engineers will use every day in their practice – from licensing information to renewal information; from engineering seals to inappropriate behavior by an engineer.
While most engineers have read or studied this information in the past, the course provides an excellent refresher so that you can make certain your practice is operating fully within the regulations.
In order to earn PDH credit for this course, the reader will need to pass a multiple choice quiz of ten (10) questions.
Specific Knowledge or Skill Obtained
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- The new Continuing Education requirement for Pennsylvania: What you need to keep your license in force and stay out of trouble with the Board
- Legal definitions of engineering terminology as it applies to the law
- Prohibited engineering practices
- The procedure for license suspension, your rights and responsibilities
- Licensing procedure and renewal procedure for Professional Engineers
- Requirements for your engineering seal
- Engineering disciplines recognized by the Commonwealth
Click on the following link to the PDF document to review the course material before taking the quiz for credit.
Having trouble downloading the PDF file?
If clicking the link does not bring you to the PDF file, then right-click the link. Click "Save Target As" and save on your desktop. To view the file, double-click the icon on your desktop and return to this page to take the quiz. You may want to bookmark this page for your convenience. If you have questions, Live Support Chat can help.
To receive PDH credit for this course, you must pass a multiple-choice quiz. Click the button below to Purchase Course and Take Quiz. To take the quiz, your computer must be set to accept cookies. See how to check your cookie settings.