This three-hour course is the first in a series of three courses about the nuclear power industry. The series covers the nuclear power industry including the basic physics of nuclear power, fuel sources, the types of nuclear power plants in use today, and the future of nuclear power.
This course, Volume I – The Nuclear Power Industry, gives a broad overview of the nuclear power industry. This course is an overview of the industry and goes into the details of nuclear reactions and the physics of nuclear power. The prime fuel source, uranium, is covered too.
In order to receive PDH credit for this course, the reader must pass a multiple-choice quiz consisting of twenty-five(25) questions.
Specific Knowledge or Skill Obtained
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Describe the different types of baseload power plants
- Describe the types of nuclear plants in operation today
- Understand the physics behind nuclear power generation
- Describe the process of nuclear fission
- Understand the different types of nuclear poisons
- Explain how radiation is measured
- Describe the steps used in processing uranium into a nuclear fuel
- Explain the benefits of uranium as a fuel source
Click on the following link to the PDF document to review the course material before taking the quiz for credit.
Having trouble downloading the PDF file?
If clicking the link does not bring you to the PDF file, then right-click the link. Click "Save Target As" and save on your desktop. To view the file, double-click the icon on your desktop and return to this page to take the quiz. You may want to bookmark this page for your convenience. If you have questions, Live Support Chat can help.
To receive PDH credit for this course, you must pass a multiple-choice quiz. Click the button below to Purchase Course and Take Quiz. To take the quiz, your computer must be set to accept cookies. See how to check your cookie settings.