Course Number: PDHEI-013
Length of Course: 8 hours
Seminar Location: This seminar is available for on-site training in international locations
In Principles of Concrete, you’ll learn …
- The effect of concrete ingredients on the properties of concrete
- The main properties of fresh concrete and hardened concrete
- Concrete defects, along with mitigations and remedies
- The latest technology in concrete research
Concrete is a composite material composed of aggregate or filler embedded in a hard matrix of cement or binder that fills the space among the aggregate particles and glues them together. Every year, the world production of concrete is twice that of steel, wood, plastics, and aluminum combined. Concrete’s use in the modern world is exceeded only by the usage of naturally occurring water.
In this seminar, you’ll learn the chemistry behind the concrete production process. You’ll learn how concrete ingredients affect the final product. You’ll learn the procedures needed to ensure that the hardened concrete performs as specified. You’ll learn the causes, mitigations and repair methods for concrete defects. Finally, you’ll learn the about the latest technology in concrete research and how it may benefit your projects in the future.
This seminar provides an excellent introduction to the fundamentals of concrete for Engineers, Construction Project Managers, Contractors, and Quality Control Managers.
Specific Knowledge or Skill Obtained
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Concrete ingredients
- Properties of fresh concrete and hardened concrete
- The importance of reinforcement using rebar
- Concrete defects
- Concrete; past, present and future
Speak to a Representative to Schedule a Seminar
For more information contact: