Joey Barnes, P.E.
John Dzwonczyk, P.E., founded JGD Associates, Inc. in 1995 after a career in petroleum marketing at Getty Refining and Marketing Company, Sohio Oil Company, and BP Oil Company. He is an experienced public speaker and writer and holds a master's degree in civil engineering from Villanova University. He also serves as a public official on the Avon Lake Board of Municipal Utilities, and as a board member of the Ohio Petroleum Contractors Association.
Joey Barnes, P.E., received a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from Kansas State University in May 1984 and began a ten year career with Koch Industries, Inc. of Wichita, KS. From July 1984 until May 1987 he was employed as a Division Engineer in the Oklahoma Crude Oil Division of Koch Transportation in Duncan, Oklahoma. From May 1987 until June of 1994 Joey served as Staff Engineer, Senior Engineer, Interim Engineering Manager and Project Manager for Koch Transportation in their head office in Wichita, Kansas. He was involved in the design, construction and operation of major crude oil, refined products, gas liquids and anhydrous ammonia pipelines and terminals.
A few of the projects Joey worked on include:
- 1985 Project Engineer on 1,000 HP booster station on a 10" crude oil pipeline in Oklahoma
- 1986 Project Engineer on 27 mile crude oil pipeline in Oklahoma
- 1987 Project Engineer on 14 mile jet fuel pipeline to the Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport
- 1988-1989 Project Engineer on 320 mile refined fuels pipeline and terminals in Minnesota and Wisconsin
- 1989-1990 Project Engineer on 420 mile refined fuels pipeline and terminals in Texas
- 1990 Project Engineer on 8 mile jet fuel pipeline to the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport
- 1991 Project Engineer on 62 mile crude oil pipeline in Texas
- 1991 Designed four-bay load rack for refined fuels truck terminal in Stevens Point, Wisconsin
- 1992 Project Manager on 900,000 barrel crude oil terminal in Hardisty, Alberta, Canada
- 1992 Interim Manager of Engineering over an engineering department of 20 people
- 1993-1994 Project Manager on refined fuels terminal expansion in Aurora, CO
- 1993-1994 Project Manager on 18 mile jet fuel pipeline to the Denver International Airport