Richard Campbell, P.E., S.E.
Richard Campbell, P.E., S.E., is a practicing structural engineer and owner of the consulting firm, Campbell Construction Engineering, LLC. Mr. Campbell has 25 years of experience in structural engineering, with a BSCE from Oregon State University and a MSCE from University of Colorado, Boulder. He is currently licensed in Alaska, Washington, Nevada and California.
Experience includes work for both for design consultants and construction contractors. The combination of experience working for consultants and contractors translates to proficiency in structural theory and code requirements, balanced with equal proficiency in constructible and practical designs.
Specialized experience and areas of expertise include:
- Structural design of steel and concrete bridges
- Strength evaluation of existing bridges
- Seismic design (including high seismic demands of California and Alaska)
- Soil-structure interaction, particularly with respect to pile and drilled shaft foundations
- Value Engineering, both for owners/government agencies and contractors
- Construction support structural design, including crane trestles and erection schemes
- Construction lift engineering, using jacking, hoists and cranes