Roundabouts: Traffic Control, Lighting and Landscaping
In Roundabouts: Traffic Control, Lighting and Landscaping, you'll learn ...
- How to use pavement markings and signs together to guide and regulate road users at roundabouts
- Situations where it can be bene?cial to use traf?c signals to supplement the yield control used at roundabout entries
- Lighting equipment types and locations needed to achieve adequate illumination levels at roundabouts
- The primary objectives and considerations of incorporating landscaping into a roundabout design
Traffic circles have been used in the U.S. since 1905. The modern roundabout, developed in the United Kingdom, was developed to rectify problems associated with traffic circles.
This course provides guidance on the design of traffic controls, lighting and landscaping for roundabouts. The design of these elements is an important component in achieving the desired operational and safety features of a roundabout.
Specific Knowledge or Skill Obtained
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Types of warning signs used at roundabouts
- Roundabout luminance requirements
- Proper lighting techniques for roundabouts
- Where to place landscaping at roundabouts to ensure safe and efficient operations
- Rail crossings near roundabouts
Certificate of Completion
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a multiple-choice quiz consisting of 40 questions. PDH credits are not awarded until the course is completed and quiz is passed.
|This course is applicable to professional engineers in:|
|Alabama (P.E.)||Alaska (P.E.)||Arkansas (P.E.)|
|Delaware (P.E.)||Florida (P.E. Area of Practice)||Georgia (P.E.)|
|Idaho (P.E.)||Illinois (P.E.)||Illinois (S.E.)|
|Indiana (P.E.)||Iowa (P.E.)||Kansas (P.E.)|
|Kentucky (P.E.)||Louisiana (P.E.)||Maine (P.E.)|
|Maryland (P.E.)||Michigan (P.E.)||Minnesota (P.E.)|
|Mississippi (P.E.)||Missouri (P.E.)||Montana (P.E.)|
|Nebraska (P.E.)||Nevada (P.E.)||New Hampshire (P.E.)|
|New Jersey (P.E.)||New Mexico (P.E.)||New York (P.E.)|
|North Carolina (P.E.)||North Dakota (P.E.)||Ohio (P.E. Self-Paced)|
|Oklahoma (P.E.)||Oregon (P.E.)||Pennsylvania (P.E.)|
|South Carolina (P.E.)||South Dakota (P.E.)||Tennessee (P.E.)|
|Texas (P.E.)||Utah (P.E.)||Vermont (P.E.)|
|Virginia (P.E.)||West Virginia (P.E.)||Wisconsin (P.E.)|