Cost Estimation of Construction Projects
In Cost Estimation of Construction Projects, you'll learn ...
- The estimating work process
- The three levels of a conceptual cost estimate
- How to estimate excavation, earthwork and foundations
- How to estimate the cost of labor and equipment
- How to estimate material transportation and handling costs
This course provides a study of the methods and procedures needed for estimating the cost of construction projects. Examples are provided in quantities take-off from construction drawings and selecting the appropriate information needed for estimating the project construction costs. The amount of labor and equipment required with their costs are discussed. Bond, tax, contingency, and insurance requirements are explained.
The course offers hands-on knowledge for estimating project costs specifically in the key areas of transport of materials, earthwork excavation, foundations, concrete structures, and different types of masonry construction.
The total cost of a project, in addition to construction cost, includes contingencies, interest during construction, expenses for bond, legal, engineering, and land/ easements.
Several numerical examples with solutions are provided.
The course is relevant to municipal engineers, public utility directors, consulting engineers, and engineers working in regulatory agencies.
Specific Knowledge or Skill Obtained
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- The estimating process in general
- Different types of estimates and the purpose of each
- Use of appropriate tools and equipment
- Quantities take-off from a set of construction drawings
- The quantum of taxes, and insurance
- Payment for bond, legal and engineering expenses
- The need for the different kind of bonds for the construction project
- Land acquisition/easement with associated costs
- Preparation of cost estimates for real-life projects
- Numerical examples with solutions for clear understanding
Certificate of Completion
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a multiple-choice quiz consisting of 25 questions. PDH credits are not awarded until the course is completed and quiz is passed.
|This course is applicable to professional engineers in:|
|Alabama (P.E.)||Alaska (P.E.)||Arkansas (P.E.)|
|Delaware (P.E.)||Florida (P.E. Other Topics)||Georgia (P.E.)|
|Idaho (P.E.)||Indiana (P.E.)||Iowa (P.E.)|
|Kansas (P.E.)||Kentucky (P.E.)||Louisiana (P.E.)|
|Maine (P.E.)||Minnesota (P.E.)||Mississippi (P.E.)|
|Missouri (P.E.)||Montana (P.E.)||Nevada (P.E.)|
|New Hampshire (P.E.)||New Jersey (P.E.)||New Mexico (P.E.)|
|North Carolina (P.E.)||North Dakota (P.E.)||Ohio (P.E. Self-Paced)|
|Oklahoma (P.E.)||Oregon (P.E.)||Pennsylvania (P.E.)|
|South Carolina (P.E.)||South Dakota (P.E.)||Tennessee (P.E.)|
|Texas (P.E.)||Utah (P.E.)||Vermont (P.E.)|
|Virginia (P.E.)||West Virginia (P.E.)||Wisconsin (P.E.)|