Alabama Engineering Laws, Rules and Ethics (Revised for 2018)
In Alabama Engineering Laws, Rules and Ethics (Revised for 2018), you'll learn ...
- General requirements for licensure or certification
- Disciplinary action by the Board following violations, civil penalties, and fraud
- Continuing professional competency in accordance with the Code of Alabama
- How the continuing education requirements affect you
Professional Engineers in Alabama are guided by the Alabama State Board of Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors, which has broad powers to regulate the practice of engineering in the state. The board is guided by state law, an abridged version of which is the basis of the course text. The laws have been edited to cover the sections of the code that are most applicable to professional engineers.
Among other topics, this course will review the continuing education rules and the obligations of the Alabama Professional Engineer to maintain licensure. Specific information on the daily practice of engineering in the state, such as proper sealing of plans, is also reviewed.
The disciplinary authority of the board is covered as is the procedure for response to a disciplinary action. Additional information is given on potential fines and the civil penalties that can be assessed to non-licensed individuals.
This course provides you with a quick review of your duties, rights and obligations as a professional engineer in Alabama through a review of the state code.
Specific Knowledge or Skill Obtained
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Definitions of terms used in the regulation of engineers
- Qualifications for entry into the professions of engineering and land surveying
- Issuance of certificate in an engineering or land surveying practice
- Renewal of certificates and lapsed licenses
- Definition of Public Work
- Professional obligations of an engineer
- Maintenance of the professional standards of the profession
Certificate of Completion
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a multiple-choice quiz consisting of 10 questions. PDH credits are not awarded until the course is completed and quiz is passed.
|This course is applicable to professional engineers in:|