Oregon Engineering Laws, Rules and Ethics (Revised for 2018)
In Oregon Engineering Laws, Rules and Ethics (Revised for 2018), you'll learn ...
- Required education and experience qualifications of applicants for licensure
- Disciplinary action by the Board following violations, civil penalties, and fraud
- Continuing professional competency in accordance with the Board of Oregon
- How the continuing education requirements affect you
Professional Engineers in Oregon are guided by the Oregon State Board of Examiners for Engineering and Land Surveying, which has broad powers to regulate the practice of engineering in the state. The board is guided by state law, an abridged version of which is the basis of the course text. The laws have been edited to cover the sections of the code that are most applicable to professional engineers.
Among other topics, this course will review the continuing education rules and the obligations of the Oregon Professional Engineer to maintain licensure. Specific information on the daily practice of engineering in the state, such as modifying designs or documents and dual stamping documents, is also reviewed.
The disciplinary authority of the board is covered as is the procedure for response to a disciplinary action. Additional information is given on potential fines and the civil penalties that can be assessed by penalty factors such as repeated or continuous violations.
This course provides you with a quick review of your duties, rights and obligations as a professional engineer in Oregon through a review of the state code.
Specific Knowledge or Skill Obtained
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- The regulation of professional practice licensees throughout the state
- Procedures on licensing through applications, fees, and examinations
- Contents of Official Seal
- Rules of professional conduct
- Avoiding improper solicitation of professional employment and conflicts of interest
- Biennial renewal of registration or certification
- Failure to comply with continuing professional development requirements
- Civil penalty factors
Certificate of Completion
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a multiple-choice quiz consisting of 10 questions. PDH credits are not awarded until the course is completed and quiz is passed.
|This course is applicable to professional engineers in:|