Illinois Engineering Laws, Rules and Ethics (Revised for 2018)
In Illinois Engineering Laws, Rules and Ethics (Revised for 2018), you'll learn ...
- The education and experience required of applicants for licensure
- Duties of the professional engineer complaint committee
- Continuing professional competency in accordance with the Board of Illinois
- How the continuing education requirements affect you
Professional Engineers in Illinois are guided by the Illinois Department of Financial & Professional Regulation which has broad powers to regulate the practice of engineering in the state. The Board’s mission includes review of the qualifications of applicants, administration of licensing exams, and disciplinary activity as may be needed to maintain professional competence and conduct of the licensees.
The board is guided by state law, an abridged version of which is the basis of the course text. The laws have been edited to cover the sections of the code that are most applicable to professional engineers.
Among other topics, this course will review the continuing education rules and the obligations of the Illinois Professional Engineer to maintain licensure. Specific information on the daily practice of engineering in the state, such as the standards of professional conduct and development, is also reviewed.
This course provides you with a quick review of your duties, rights and obligations as a professional engineer in Illinois through a review of the state code.
Specific Knowledge or Skill Obtained
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- The regulation of professional practice licensees throughout the state
- Procedures on licensing by endorsement
- Acts constituting the practice of professional engineering
- Issuance of certificates as a Professional Design Firm
- Renewal of certificates and lapsed licenses
- Professional obligations of an engineer
- Maintenance of the professional standards of the profession
- Professional development
Certificate of Completion
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a multiple-choice quiz consisting of 10 questions. PDH credits are not awarded until the course is completed and quiz is passed.
|This course is applicable to professional engineers in:|