Nevada Engineering Laws, Rules and Ethics (Revised for 2018)
In Nevada Engineering Laws, Rules and Ethics (Revised for 2018), you'll learn ...
- Required education and experience qualifications of applicants for licensure
- Applications for licensure in multiple categories or disciplines
- Continuing professional competency in accordance with the Board of Nevada
- How the continuing education requirements affect you
Professional Engineers in Nevada are guided by the Nevada State Board of Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors which has broad powers to regulate the practice of engineering in the state. The board is guided by state law, an abridged version of which is the basis of the course text. The laws have been edited to cover the sections of the code that are most applicable to professional engineers.
Among other topics, this course will review the continuing education rules and the obligations of the Nevada Professional Engineer to maintain licensure. Specific information on the daily practice of engineering in the state, such as relations with the public, employers and clients, is also reviewed.
Board rules spell out a specific procedure for many aspects of an engineer's practice, including the submission of plans, maps, reports and test results to public authorities. These procedures, along with ethical considerations, such as advertising rules and offering to provide engineering services in a discipline in which licensee or firm is not licensed, are reviewed in depth.
This course provides you with a quick review of your duties, rights and obligations as a professional engineer in Nevada through a review of the state code.
Specific Knowledge or Skill Obtained
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Procedural regulations of professional practice licensees throughout the state
- Procedures on licensing through applications, fees, and examinations
- Code of conduct
- Procedure of complaints concerning professional misconduct or incompetence
- Stamps, seals and signatures on documents, revision of original plans
- Continuing professional competency requirements
- Exceptions to requirement for renewal of license
Certificate of Completion
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a multiple-choice quiz consisting of 10 questions. PDH credits are not awarded until the course is completed and quiz is passed.
|This course is applicable to professional engineers in:|