Tennessee Engineering Laws, Rules and Ethics (Revised for 2018)
In Tennessee Engineering Laws, Rules and Ethics (Revised for 2018), you'll learn ...
- Required education and experience qualifications of applicants for licensure
- Residency requirements for examination eligibility
- Continuing professional competency in accordance with the Board of Tennessee
- How the continuing education requirements affect you
Professional Engineers in Tennessee are guided by the Tennessee Board of Architectural and Engineering Examiners which has broad powers to regulate the practice of engineering in the state. The board is guided by state law, an abridged version of which is the basis of the course text. The laws have been edited to cover the sections of the code that are most applicable to professional engineers.
Among other topics, this course will review the continuing education rules and the obligations of the Tennessee Professional Engineer to maintain licensure. Specific information on the daily practice of engineering in the state, such as service in areas of competence, is also reviewed.
Board rules spell out a specific procedure for the proper conduct of an engineering practice. The code provides a course of action for use when an engineer believes that a decision made by an employer, cleint or contractor which is contrary to the advice of the engineer may be harmful to the health, safety or welfare of the public. This advice is a part of the Tennessee Rules of Professional Conduct for engineers, which is covered in depth in the course.
This course provides you with a quick review of your duties, rights and obligations as a professional engineer in Tennessee through a review of the state code.
Specific Knowledge or Skill Obtained
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Procedural regulations of professional practice licensees throughout the state
- Procedures on licensing through applications, fees, examinations, and references
- Rules of professional conduct
- Public statements and conflicts of interest
- Acceptance of work
- Continuing professional competency requirements
- Terms for renewal and exemptions
Certificate of Completion
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a multiple-choice quiz consisting of 10 questions. PDH credits are not awarded until the course is completed and quiz is passed.
|This course is applicable to professional engineers in:|