South Carolina Engineering Laws, Rules and Ethics (Revised for 2018)
In South Carolina Engineering Laws, Rules and Ethics (Revised for 2018), you'll learn ...
- Required education and experience qualifications of applicants for licensure
- Disciplinary action by the Board following violations, civil penalties, and fraud
- Continuing professional competency in accordance with the Board of South Carolina
- How the continuing education requirements affect you
Professional Engineers in South Carolina are guided by the South Carolina State Board of Registration for Professional Engineers and Surveyors which has broad powers to regulate the practice of engineering in the state. The board is guided by state law, an abridged version of which is the basis of the course text. The laws have been edited to cover the sections of the code that are most applicable to professional engineers.
Among other topics, this course will review the continuing education rules and the obligations of the South Carolina Professional Engineer to maintain licensure. Specific information on the daily practice of engineering in the state, such as rules of professional conduct and the engineer’s obligation to clients, employers, and other licensed engineers is also reviewed.
Board rules spell out a specific procedure for complaints and possible disciplinary actions. This procedure is covered in depth in the course.
This course provides you with a quick review of your duties, rights and obligations as a professional engineer in South Carolina through a review of the state code.
Specific Knowledge or Skill Obtained
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- The regulation of professional practice licensees throughout the state
- Procedures on licensing through applications, fees, and examinations
- Duties of recorders
- Rules of professional conduct
- Licensee’s obligation to the employer, clients and the public
- Renewal of certificates and lapsed licensees
- Disciplinary action procedures and reinstatement after revocation
Certificate of Completion
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a multiple-choice quiz consisting of 10 questions. PDH credits are not awarded until the course is completed and quiz is passed.
|This course is applicable to professional engineers in:|
|South Carolina (P.E.)|