Texas Engineering Laws, Rules and Ethics (Revised for 2018)
In Texas Engineering Laws, Rules and Ethics (Revised for 2018), you'll learn ...
- The engineer's duty to protect the public
- The engineer's duty to make objective and truthful statements
- The engineer's duty to limit practice to his or her field of competence
- The engineer's duty to maintain client confidentiality
Under the Texas Engineering Practice Act each engineer licensed in the state must spend at least one professional development hour each year reviewing professional ethics and the roles and responsibilities for Engineers.
In this course the student will study pages 54-69 of the Texas Engineering Practice Act and Board Rules (March 15, 2018 revision) and review some of the recent disciplinary actions (November 16, 2017 and February 15, 2018) taken by the Texas Board of Professional Engineers to enforce the Practice Act. A fifteen-question quiz will test his or her understanding of the subject.
Specific Knowledge or Skill Obtained
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- The engineer's responsibility to the profession
- The Texas law on competitive bidding for engineering services
- The Texas rules for sealing engineering documents
- Knowledge of how the Board administers the Texas Engineering Practice Act
Certificate of Completion
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a multiple-choice quiz consisting of 15 questions. PDH credits are not awarded until the course is completed and quiz is passed.
|This course is applicable to professional engineers in:|