Wind Turbine Technology Overview
In Wind Turbine Technology Overview , you'll learn ...
- Major turbine components and common dimensions for utility-scale wind turbines
- The relationship of wind speed to power production
- The control schemes employed to produce grid-quality electricity from wind turbines
- Applications of wind turbines in distributed generation and bulk power delivery of energy
This course explains how wind turbines are designed and used, specifically for utility-sized applications. It discusses wind turbine technology for various applications and reviews turbine components along with their electrical implications. It also identifies the conditions for optimum turbine performance.
This course will be beneficial for individuals with basic knowledge of wind turbine design who are interested in learning design aspects of turbine applications to power systems. It is also an excellent overview for those professionals working in the field of renewable energy.
Specific Knowledge or Skill Obtained
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Wind turbine components and their relationships
- Size comparisons for both large wind turbines and small wind turbines
- Relative merits of different control schemes for producing grid-quality electricity from wind turbines
- Bulk power delivery of electrical energy from wind turbines
- Typical wind energy project components and layout
Certificate of Completion
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a multiple-choice quiz consisting of 10 questions. PDH credits are not awarded until the course is completed and quiz is passed.
|This course is applicable to professional engineers in:|
|Alabama (P.E.)||Alaska (P.E.)||Arkansas (P.E.)|
|Delaware (P.E.)||Florida (P.E. Area of Practice)||Georgia (P.E.)|
|Idaho (P.E.)||Illinois (P.E.)||Illinois (S.E.)|
|Indiana (P.E.)||Iowa (P.E.)||Kansas (P.E.)|
|Kentucky (P.E.)||Louisiana (P.E.)||Maine (P.E.)|
|Maryland (P.E.)||Michigan (P.E.)||Minnesota (P.E.)|
|Mississippi (P.E.)||Missouri (P.E.)||Montana (P.E.)|
|Nebraska (P.E.)||Nevada (P.E.)||New Hampshire (P.E.)|
|New Jersey (P.E.)||New Mexico (P.E.)||New York (P.E.)|
|North Carolina (P.E.)||North Dakota (P.E.)||Ohio (P.E. Self-Paced)|
|Oklahoma (P.E.)||Oregon (P.E.)||Pennsylvania (P.E.)|
|South Carolina (P.E.)||South Dakota (P.E.)||Tennessee (P.E.)|
|Texas (P.E.)||Utah (P.E.)||Vermont (P.E.)|
|Virginia (P.E.)||West Virginia (P.E.)||Wisconsin (P.E.)|