Course Number: SEM-011
Length of Course: 8 hours
Seminar Location: This seminar is available for on-site training
In Ergonomics Programs and Process in Industrial/Commercial Environment, you’ll learn …
- The causes and impacts of musculoskeletal disorder (MSD) injuries in the workplace
- Types of injury risk minimization solutions, the pros and cons of the different types of solutions, and the cost and benefit considerations
- Essential criteria for designing and specifying ergonomic equipment and tools used by workers
- How to identify moderate and high risk tasks and develop an ergonomics project list
Ergonomics is the scientific study of equipment design for the purpose of improving efficiency, comfort, or safety. Proper ergonomic design is necessary to prevent repetitive strain injuries and other musculoskeletal disorders, which can develop over time and can lead to long-term disability. According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) are the most common and costly occupational health problem in the U.S., accounting for 33 percent of all workplace injuries and illnesses requiring time away from work.
This seminar covers different types of MSD injury risk minimization solutions, including the pros and cons and the cost and benefit considerations of the different solutions. The seminar will familiarize participants with injury exposure and risk quantification tools, ergonomics project implementation methodology, project prioritization, project justification and examples of ergonomic solutions.
The seminar also covers the thought process for establishing an effective ergonomics process, as well as proactive planning and engineering to prevent infiltration of MSD risk through new equipment and processes.
This seminar is suitable for engineers of all disciplines, managers, technicians and HSE professionals. Those attendees who are not familiar with ergonomics will gain a basic understanding of the field of ergonomics and exposure to soft-tissue injuries in an industrial or commercial environment. Attendees who already have a basic grasp of ergonomics will find this one day seminar to be a good refresher.
Specific Knowledge or Skill Obtained
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Proven and practical ergonomics program, process and project implementation strategies
- Examples of successful and unsuccessful solutions
- A brief introduction to office ergonomics
- MSD risk identification and quantification in an industrial/commercial environment
- Forming an ergonomics mission, strategy and the ergonomics team
- How to secure and maintain management’s commitment to ergonomics programs and projects
- Ergonomics project prioritization and project implementation
- Incorporating ergonomics into engineering design
Speak to a Representative to Schedule a Seminar
For more information contact: