Managing Conflict in the Workplace (Video on Demand)
In Managing Conflict in the Workplace, you'll learn ...
- Constructive ways to handle conflict
- The sources of conflict in an organization
- The different types of actions that cause conflict and damage relationships
- Skills such as active listening, paraphrasing, goal setting and problem solving
Conflict is a natural and common phenomenon in all of our personal and professional relationships. The focus of this course is on making conflict resolution simpler and more effective. Some degree of workplace conflict is inevitable, but conflict need not be destructive. When handled well, it can actually improve subsequent workplace relationships. Fortunately, the skills leading to positive conflict resolution are learnable.
Constructive criticism, listening skills, body language and tone, resolution styles and resolution plan development, and the SMART goals system are a few of the many recommendations discussed in this course. This course will impart ways to utilize proven conflict resolution techniques to effectively address workplace conflict, along with examples of real-life ways to apply the course material.
Specific Knowledge or Skill Obtained
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- To define conflict
- To recognize situations in which conflict is destructive
- Suggestions for to provide constructive criticism and how to cope with criticism
- Tips for providing effective listening and feedback, as well as positive body language and tone of voice
- Effective conflict resolution skills
- How to define goals according to the SMART system
- Conflict resolution styles
- How to develop a conflict resolution plan
Video on Demand
This course is a recorded version of a live lecture and will be streamed directly to your computer's media player. Our format is generally compatible with media players included with all computers and mobile devices. After watching the video presentation, you will return to your PDHengineer log in account to take the online quiz. While this is a recording of a live presentation, please note that this recording will not qualify as a "live" or "interactive" continuing education activity in those states where it is required.
Certificate of Completion
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a multiple-choice quiz consisting of 10 questions. PDH credits are not awarded until the course is completed and quiz is passed.
|This course is applicable to professional engineers in:|
|Alabama (P.E.)||Alaska (P.E.)||Arkansas (P.E.)|
|Delaware (P.E.)||Florida (P.E. Other Topics)||Georgia (P.E.)|
|Idaho (P.E.)||Indiana (P.E.)||Iowa (P.E.)|
|Kansas (P.E.)||Kentucky (P.E.)||Louisiana (P.E.)|
|Maine (P.E.)||Minnesota (P.E.)||Mississippi (P.E.)|
|Missouri (P.E.)||Montana (P.E.)||Nevada (P.E.)|
|New Hampshire (P.E.)||New Jersey (P.E.)||New Mexico (P.E.)|
|North Carolina (P.E.)||North Dakota (P.E.)||Ohio (P.E. Self-Paced)|
|Oklahoma (P.E.)||Oregon (P.E.)||Pennsylvania (P.E.)|
|South Carolina (P.E.)||South Dakota (P.E.)||Tennessee (P.E.)|
|Texas (P.E.)||Utah (P.E.)||Vermont (P.E.)|
|Virginia (P.E.)||West Virginia (P.E.)||Wisconsin (P.E.)|