Information We Collect
We collect information from you when you register on our site, purchase a course, webinar, or seminar, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey, or fill out a form. Any data we request that is not required will be specified as voluntary or optional. When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or Professional Engineering state license numbers. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
How We Use the Information We Collect
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- Information that you provide to us when you create a user account is used to develop your course certificate of completion, which you may print upon successfully completing a course on PDHengineer.com.
- To personalize your experience. Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our website. We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service. Your information helps us to respond more effectively to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process transactions. Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested by the customer.
- To send periodic emails. The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order or request, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, promotions, related product or service information, etc. Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How We Protect Your Information
PDHengineer.com uses PayPal to process your online credit card payment. PayPal uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to encrypt information that is exchanged between you and your credit card company. You can feel comfortable that your information is secure with PayPal, the most trusted payment processing company on the web.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you submit a request, place an order or access your personal information.
These security measures include: password protected directories and databases to safeguard your information or SSL (Secure Sockets Layered) technology to ensure that your information is fully encrypted and sent across the Internet securely.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (such as your credit card number) will not be stored on our servers.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Specific instances where your information is shared with another party include:
- If you choose to pay for a course using a credit card, we will provide information about you to PayPal, our secure online payment processing partner.
- We will provide information to your state engineering licensing board when requested or when necessary to meet your state’s reporting requirements for continuing education providers.
- If you choose to accept an invitation for a subsidized or partially subsidized webinar or course, and then only with specific prior notification to you.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent. As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may make any changes to their information at any time by logging into their account, selecting My Account tab and Edit Profile Information.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products, and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
We have taken the necessary steps to ensure that we are compliant with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 by never sending out misleading information.
Decatur Professional Development, LLC and its associated businesses including PDHengineer.com. Decatur Professional Development operates other online businesses including PDHseminars.com.
Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this agreement or the breach thereof, shall be settled by arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association in accordance with its Commercial Arbitration Rules. The place of arbitration shall be Harris County, State of Texas, United States of America.
7915 Cypress Creek Parkway, Suite 130 Houston, TX 77070
Phone: 1-877-PDHengineer (1-877-734-3644)
- Federal Trade Commission FAIR
- California Online Privacy Protection Act
- Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
- Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act (CAN-SPAM)
If at any time you have a privacy concern that cannot be resolved with the website owner, and you wish to request a review of the policy, please fill out the Trust Guard Dispute Resolution form.