Improving Change Order Management to Avoid Extra Costs - Part 2 (Video on Demand)
In Improving Change Order Management to Avoid Extra Costs – Part 2, you'll learn ...
- Methods for dealing with increased change orders and claims in difficult economic times
- How to minimize cost growth and delays through better change order management
- Leading practices to avoid disputes and reduce extra costs
- Change order management tips and strategies presented by industry experts
This 4-program series focuses on improving change order management to avoid extra costs. This course covers Sessions 3 and 4 of the series: Project Cost and Damages Analysis and Issue and Dispute Resolution.
Specific Knowledge or Skill Obtained
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Increased recommended pricing and cost limitation provisions for contracts
- Cost and accounting analysis of contractor change orders and claims
- Guidelines on negotiating mark‐ups, profit levels and delay damages
- Identifying common flaws and shortcomings in contractor claims
- Establishing effective project dispute avoidance and early resolution procedures
- Negotiation techniques to break through impasse on the project
- Implement claim and expense outcome assessments for better settlement decision‐making
Video on Demand
This course is a recorded version of a live lecture and will be streamed directly to your computer's media player. Our format is generally compatible with media players included with all computers and mobile devices. After watching the video presentation, you will return to your PDHengineer log in account to take the online quiz. While this is a recording of a live presentation, please note that this recording will not qualify as a "live" or "interactive" continuing education activity in those states where it is required.
Certificate of Completion
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a multiple-choice quiz consisting of 16 questions. PDH credits are not awarded until the course is completed and quiz is passed.
|This course is applicable to professional engineers in:|
|Alabama (P.E.)||Alaska (P.E.)||Arkansas (P.E.)|
|Delaware (P.E.)||Florida (P.E. Other Topics)||Georgia (P.E.)|
|Idaho (P.E.)||Indiana (P.E.)||Iowa (P.E.)|
|Kansas (P.E.)||Kentucky (P.E.)||Louisiana (P.E.)|
|Maine (P.E.)||Minnesota (P.E.)||Mississippi (P.E.)|
|Missouri (P.E.)||Montana (P.E.)||Nevada (P.E.)|
|New Hampshire (P.E.)||New Jersey (P.E.)||New Mexico (P.E.)|
|North Carolina (P.E.)||North Dakota (P.E.)||Ohio (P.E. Self-Paced)|
|Oklahoma (P.E.)||Oregon (P.E.)||Pennsylvania (P.E.)|
|South Carolina (P.E.)||South Dakota (P.E.)||Tennessee (P.E.)|
|Texas (P.E.)||Utah (P.E.)||Vermont (P.E.)|
|Virginia (P.E.)||West Virginia (P.E.)||Wisconsin (P.E.)|