In Insulation Basics , you'll learn ...
- Installation guidelines for different types of attic access
- How to install ceiling insulation and provide attic ventilation
- How to properly seal, insulate, and moisture-protect basements, crawl spaces, and slabs
- The keys to effective wall insulation
Maintaining acceptable temperatures in buildings (by heating and cooling) uses a large proportion of global energy consumption. When well insulated, a building is energy-efficient, thus saving the owner money. Insulation also helps provide more uniform temperatures throughout the space and has minimal recurring expense, unlike heating and cooling equipment.
There are many types of insulation available on the market today. In order to realize the benefits provided by insulation, it needs to be properly selected and installed. In this course, you'll learn material selection, design and installation techniques for insulation that maximize the energy savings in residential and small commercial buildings.
Specific Knowledge or Skill Obtained
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Slab insulation design considerations and installation guidelines
- Crawl space insulation design considerations and installation guidelines
- Basement insulation design considerations and installation guidelines
- Wall insulation design considerations and installation guidelines
- Ceiling and attic insulation design considerations and installation guidelines
Certificate of Completion
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a multiple-choice quiz consisting of 10 questions. PDH credits are not awarded until the course is completed and quiz is passed.
|This course is applicable to professional engineers in:|
|Alabama (P.E.)||Alaska (P.E.)||Arkansas (P.E.)|
|Delaware (P.E.)||Florida (P.E. Area of Practice)||Georgia (P.E.)|
|Idaho (P.E.)||Illinois (P.E.)||Illinois (S.E.)|
|Indiana (P.E.)||Iowa (P.E.)||Kansas (P.E.)|
|Kentucky (P.E.)||Louisiana (P.E.)||Maine (P.E.)|
|Maryland (P.E.)||Michigan (P.E.)||Minnesota (P.E.)|
|Mississippi (P.E.)||Missouri (P.E.)||Montana (P.E.)|
|Nebraska (P.E.)||Nevada (P.E.)||New Hampshire (P.E.)|
|New Jersey (P.E.)||New Mexico (P.E.)||New York (P.E.)|
|North Carolina (P.E.)||North Dakota (P.E.)||Ohio (P.E. Self-Paced)|
|Oklahoma (P.E.)||Oregon (P.E.)||Pennsylvania (P.E.)|
|South Carolina (P.E.)||South Dakota (P.E.)||Tennessee (P.E.)|
|Texas (P.E.)||Utah (P.E.)||Vermont (P.E.)|
|Virginia (P.E.)||West Virginia (P.E.)||Wisconsin (P.E.)|