Understanding Construction Contracts
In Understanding Construction Contracts, you'll learn ...
- Primary ingredients and principal participants of construction contracts
- Types of contracts, including subcontracts and supply contracts and their salient features
- Bidding, negotiating and administration of construction contracts
- Claims and disputes with the procedure for resolution of disputes
This course is a study dealing with all aspects of construction contracts. It describes the different types of contracts with their relative advantages and disadvantages. It also describes the various participants in construction with their roles and responsibilities. Legal and regulatory requirements in construction are also included.
This course is relevant to municipal engineers and engineers in private industry who are interested in learning about construction contracts.
Specific Knowledge or Skill Obtained
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Different types of contracts and their relative advantages and disadvantages
- Choosing the appropriate type of contract for a given situation
- Roles and responsibilities of the various participants
- Preparing contract documents for the different types of contracts
- Administration of construction contracts
- Claims and disputes arising from a construction contract and the process of resolving the disputes
- Legal, regulatory, and contractual concepts such as bids, bonds, finance, and insurance etc.
- Incorporation of changes occurring during construction
Certificate of Completion
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a multiple-choice quiz consisting of 20 questions. PDH credits are not awarded until the course is completed and quiz is passed.
|This course is applicable to professional engineers in:|
|Alabama (P.E.)||Alaska (P.E.)||Arkansas (P.E.)|
|Delaware (P.E.)||Florida (P.E. Other Topics)||Georgia (P.E.)|
|Idaho (P.E.)||Indiana (P.E.)||Iowa (P.E.)|
|Kansas (P.E.)||Kentucky (P.E.)||Louisiana (P.E.)|
|Maine (P.E.)||Minnesota (P.E.)||Mississippi (P.E.)|
|Missouri (P.E.)||Montana (P.E.)||Nevada (P.E.)|
|New Hampshire (P.E.)||New Jersey (P.E.)||New Mexico (P.E.)|
|North Carolina (P.E.)||North Dakota (P.E.)||Ohio (P.E. Self-Paced)|
|Oklahoma (P.E.)||Oregon (P.E.)||Pennsylvania (P.E.)|
|South Carolina (P.E.)||South Dakota (P.E.)||Tennessee (P.E.)|
|Texas (P.E.)||Utah (P.E.)||Vermont (P.E.)|
|Virginia (P.E.)||West Virginia (P.E.)||Wisconsin (P.E.)|