Project Leadership Development Series - Part 1 (Video on Demand)
In Project Leadership Development Series – Part 1, you'll learn ...
- How personality style plays an integral role in your effectiveness in a leadership role
- The 12 key characteristics of effective project leaders
- The importance of identifying and understanding project stakeholder needs
- How to select and lead appropriate types of communication throughout the project
When project teams are led, rather than managed, great things happen! The team is productive, passionate and enthusiastic about their job, and the project manager naturally becomes a strong leader: a fulfilling experience for all.
This course includes the first and second sessions of a four-part series. Session 1 covers the importance of personality style and how it plays an integral role in your effectiveness in a leadership role. Session 2 discusses project communication techniques and the importance of identifying and understanding project stakeholder needs.
Part 2 of this series, which is covered in a separate course, addresses Project Planning, Delegation and Coaching (Session 3), and Project Tracking, Course Correction & Close Out (Session 4).
Specific Knowledge or Skill Obtained
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Based on your personality style, learn effective tools to draw the best results from your team
- Gather tools and skills that will enable you to emerge as an effective project leader
- Understand how the different personalities & working styles influence project leadership
- Recognizing your team & how best to use all their complementary strengths
- Identifying and understanding stakeholder needs and expectations that must be addressed for project success
- How to adjust ongoing project communication based on individual working styles
- Developing consensus and buy-in with stakeholders and the project team
- Do’s and don’ts of project communication
Video on Demand
This course is a recorded version of a live lecture and will be streamed directly to your computer's media player. Our format is generally compatible with media players included with all computers and mobile devices. After watching the video presentation, you will return to your PDHengineer log in account to take the online quiz. While this is a recording of a live presentation, please note that this recording will not qualify as a "live" or "interactive" continuing education activity in those states where it is required.
Certificate of Completion
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a multiple-choice quiz consisting of 18 questions. PDH credits are not awarded until the course is completed and quiz is passed.
|This course is applicable to professional engineers in:|
|Alabama (P.E.)||Alaska (P.E.)||Arkansas (P.E.)|
|Delaware (P.E.)||Florida (P.E. Other Topics)||Georgia (P.E.)|
|Idaho (P.E.)||Indiana (P.E.)||Iowa (P.E.)|
|Kansas (P.E.)||Kentucky (P.E.)||Louisiana (P.E.)|
|Maine (P.E.)||Minnesota (P.E.)||Mississippi (P.E.)|
|Missouri (P.E.)||Montana (P.E.)||Nevada (P.E.)|
|New Hampshire (P.E.)||New Jersey (P.E.)||New Mexico (P.E.)|
|North Carolina (P.E.)||North Dakota (P.E.)||Ohio (P.E. Self-Paced)|
|Oklahoma (P.E.)||Oregon (P.E.)||Pennsylvania (P.E.)|
|South Carolina (P.E.)||South Dakota (P.E.)||Tennessee (P.E.)|
|Texas (P.E.)||Utah (P.E.)||Vermont (P.E.)|
|Virginia (P.E.)||West Virginia (P.E.)||Wisconsin (P.E.)|