Arc Flash Calculation Methods
In Arc Flash Calculation Methods, you'll learn ...
- Arc flash hazard computations suggested by IEEE and NFPA
- How to calculate arcing current, normalized incident energy and flash protection boundaries
- How to calculated arc blast pressure
- Practical procedure for performing a comprehensive engineering assessment of arc flash hazards for large electrical systems
This course gives an overview of arc flash hazard computations suggested by IEEE and NFPA. All formulas and calculation procedures presented in this course are the property of the IEEE and NFPA. Students are encouraged to consult the standards for additional details.
This course is suitable for engineers with a desire to understand procedures for completing arc flash studies. The course covers arc flash calculation methods, approach boundaries, incident energy, calculation of the arcing time, determining risk category, information presented on single line diagrams, reports and labels.
Specific Knowledge or Skill Obtained
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Arch flash calculation methods
- Approach boundaries
- Incident energy calculations
- Calculation of arcing time
- Determining risk category
- Assessment results format used on single line diagrams, reports and labels
Certificate of Completion
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a multiple-choice quiz consisting of 30 questions. PDH credits are not awarded until the course is completed and quiz is passed.
|This course is applicable to professional engineers in:|
|Alabama (P.E.)||Alaska (P.E.)||Arkansas (P.E.)|
|Delaware (P.E.)||Florida (P.E. Area of Practice)||Georgia (P.E.)|
|Idaho (P.E.)||Illinois (P.E.)||Illinois (S.E.)|
|Indiana (P.E.)||Iowa (P.E.)||Kansas (P.E.)|
|Kentucky (P.E.)||Louisiana (P.E.)||Maine (P.E.)|
|Maryland (P.E.)||Michigan (P.E.)||Minnesota (P.E.)|
|Mississippi (P.E.)||Missouri (P.E.)||Montana (P.E.)|
|Nebraska (P.E.)||Nevada (P.E.)||New Hampshire (P.E.)|
|New Jersey (P.E.)||New Mexico (P.E.)||New York (P.E.)|
|North Carolina (P.E.)||North Dakota (P.E.)||Ohio (P.E. Self-Paced)|
|Oklahoma (P.E.)||Oregon (P.E.)||Pennsylvania (P.E.)|
|South Carolina (P.E.)||South Dakota (P.E.)||Tennessee (P.E.)|
|Texas (P.E.)||Utah (P.E.)||Vermont (P.E.)|
|Virginia (P.E.)||West Virginia (P.E.)||Wisconsin (P.E.)|