Wastewater Treatment Package Plants
In Wastewater Treatment Package Plants, you'll learn ...
- Typical sizes and applications for package plants
- Advantages, disadvantages, operations and maintenance considerations, design parameters and performance data for three common types of package plants
- Which technology is most suitable for sites having space constraints
- Why sequencing batch reactors are well suited for industries with high BOD loadings, as well as changing effluent requirements resulting from regulatory modifications
In many cases, for small communities and individual properties, and especially where there are land area constraints, package wastewater treatment plants are a potentially cost-effective and efficient means for domestic and some commercial applications.
This course reviews several of the most common types of package plants and includes process descriptions, advantages and disadvantages of each system, general design parameters, performance data, and cost data.
Specific Knowledge or Skill Obtained
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Become familiar with some of the most common types of package treatment systems and their basic process flow schemes
- Learn under what conditions package plants are typically applied
- Identify basic operation and maintenance considerations
- Gain insight on applying performance criteria and cost data to aid in the selection of the appropriate type of package plant
Certificate of Completion
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a multiple-choice quiz consisting of 16 questions. PDH credits are not awarded until the course is completed and quiz is passed.
|This course is applicable to professional engineers in:|
|Alabama (P.E.)||Alaska (P.E.)||Arkansas (P.E.)|
|Delaware (P.E.)||Florida (P.E. Area of Practice)||Georgia (P.E.)|
|Idaho (P.E.)||Illinois (P.E.)||Illinois (S.E.)|
|Indiana (P.E.)||Iowa (P.E.)||Kansas (P.E.)|
|Kentucky (P.E.)||Louisiana (P.E.)||Maine (P.E.)|
|Maryland (P.E.)||Michigan (P.E.)||Minnesota (P.E.)|
|Mississippi (P.E.)||Missouri (P.E.)||Montana (P.E.)|
|Nebraska (P.E.)||Nevada (P.E.)||New Hampshire (P.E.)|
|New Jersey (P.E.)||New Mexico (P.E.)||New York (P.E.)|
|North Carolina (P.E.)||North Dakota (P.E.)||Ohio (P.E. Self-Paced)|
|Oklahoma (P.E.)||Oregon (P.E.)||Pennsylvania (P.E.)|
|South Carolina (P.E.)||South Dakota (P.E.)||Tennessee (P.E.)|
|Texas (P.E.)||Utah (P.E.)||Vermont (P.E.)|
|Virginia (P.E.)||West Virginia (P.E.)||Wisconsin (P.E.)|